- Place: Beijing
- Date: June 28/29, 2013
- Host: Renmin University Business School, Beijing, China
- Co-Organizers: Renmin Business School and Wendel International Centre for Family Enterprise INSEAD
- Submission deadline: March 15, 2013
- Authors of accepted papers for the Conference will be notified by April 30, 2013.
Journal of Corporate Finance Special Issue on Family Firms Special Issue Guest Co-Editors:
- Morten Bennedsen (Wendel International Centre of Family Enterprise INSEAD)
- Joseph P.H. Fan (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
Renmin University Business School (China) and the Wendel International Centre of Family Enterprise INSEAD (France) will co-organize a conference on the Governance of Family Firms in Beijing, China on June 28-29, 2013. From the papers presented at the conference, the Journal of Corporate Finance plans to publish a special issue. We invite papers for presentation at the conference covering all aspects of family firms. In particular, we are interested in innovative papers that test new hypotheses on the organization, governance and finance of family firms; cross disciplinary papers that examine psychological, managerial, and cultural factors that impact family firm behavior; and, papers that push the boundary of research to emerging markets and developing economies.
TOPICS: Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Why the family-firm organization?
- What unique assets do families bring to business and how do these provide a foundation for business strategies and competitive advantage?
- Which challengesare there to the sustainability of family firms? How do family firms overcome the various family, industry, market, and institutional obstacles?
- Succession infamily firms
- The roles of family psychology, values, culture and norms in family firms
- Causes and effects of ownership structures of family firms
- Investment, financing, and payout policies of family firms
- Family firms and managerial style
- Executive compensation policy of family firms
- Corporate governance mechanisms that work for family firms
- Family firms and networks
- Family governance: decision rights allocation within a business family and how it affects performance?
PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF MANUSCRIPTS: All interested can submit papers for the conference. Papers should be prepared in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com. Authors wishing to have their paper considered for publication in the Special Issue of Journal of Corporate Finance must indicate this on their conference submission.Authors are encouraged to submit their work as soon as it is ready and no later than March 15, 2013.
Submitted papers will be reviewed by a Conference Review Committee:
Morten Bennedsen (INSEAD)
Andrew Ellul (Indiana)
Joseph P.H. Fan (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
Denis Gromb (INSEAD)
Kenneth A. Kim (Renmin University of China)
Randall Morck (Alberta)
F. Perez-Gonzalez (Stanford)
Belen Villalonga (NYU)
Yishay Yafeh (Jerusalem)
YupanaWiwattanakantang (National University of Singapore)
Daniel Wolfenzon (Columbia)
A subset of papers presented in the Conference will be invited for consideration of publication in the JCF Special Issue.Morten Bennedsen (INSEAD) and Joseph P.H. Fan (CUHK) are the Special Issue co-editors. The invited papers will go through an expedited review process. Eventual acceptance is subject to successfully addressing comments by refereesand the co-editors.
CONFERENCE WEBSITE: (Available December 20, 2012)
FURTHER INFORMATION: Questions may be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org