No time to synthesize or comment but following are tweets I gathered from SEC’s Proxy Advisory Services Roundtable. Sorry for one bit of profanity, several possible misinterpretations, wiping out a few tweets in cleanup process and poor formatting.
Links to analysis by others:
- SEC round table discusses shift in who pays for proxy-voting services, Pensions&Investments
- SEC official warns of investor over-reliance on proxy advisory firms, Reuters.
- Lively Debate on the Influence of Proxy Advisory Firms, New York Times
- SEC Considers More Oversight Over Proxy Advisers, Bloomberg
- The Deal: SEC’s Gallagher Sounds Alarm on Proxy Advisory Firms, The Street.
- Proxy Advisory Firms Address SEC Concerns, Corporate Counsel